We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies with all EU national laws and requirements for user privacy.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
We use anonymous session cookies (short-term cookies that disappear when you close your browser) to help you navigate the website and make the most of the features. If you log into the website, application or a course as a registered user, your session cookie will also contain your user ID so that we can check which services you are allowed to access.
Should users wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website onto their computer’s hard drive, they should take necessary steps within their web browser’s security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Whilst using our website, software applications or services, you may be required to provide personal information (name, address, email, account details, etc.). We will use this information to administer our website, applications, client databases and marketing material.
We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679. Further, by providing telephone, fax and email details, you consent to Independent Voices for the Senate contacting you using that method.
You have the right at any time to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you. Should you wish to receive a copy of this, or would like to be removed from our database, please contact us.
How long do we keep your data for?
Voices for the Senate will not retain your personal information longer than necessary. We will hold onto the information you provide either while your account is in existence, or as needed to be able to provide the Services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our staff) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
If legally required or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms and Conditions, we may also retain some of your information for a limited period of time as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the Services to you.
Voices for the Senate will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information, gathered as a result of filling out the site registration form, to anyone
Choosing how we use your data
We understand that you trust us with your personal information and we are committed to ensuring you can manage the privacy and security of your personal information yourself.
With respect to the information relating to you that ends up in our possession, and recognising that it is your choice to provide us with your personally identifiable information, we commit to giving you the ability to do all of the following:
- You can verify the details you have submitted to Independent Voices for the Senate by contacting us. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information, including your e-mail address and possibly your address.
- You can also contact us by the same method to change, correct, or delete your personal information controlled by Independent Voices for the Senate regarding your profile at any time. Please note though that, if you have shared any information with others through social media channels, that information may remain visible, even if your account is deleted.
- You are also free to close your account through our account settings. If you do so, your account will be deactivated. However, we may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam).
- You can always feel free to update us on your details at any point by contacting us.
- You can unsubscribe from receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email. Once you do this, you will no longer receive any emails from us.
- You can request a readable copy of the personal data we hold on you at any time. To do this, please contact us.
Please note, we are constantly reviewing how we process and protect data. Therefore, changes to our policy may occur at any time. We will endeavour to publicise any changes.